If you have a cracked, chipped, broken or damaged tooth due to tooth decay, a dental crown can help to cover up the tooth.
A dental crown also protects the tooth for further decay and damage. Dental crowns or caps are recommended after a dental implant procedure, as they help to cover a dental implant while also serving as a replacement tooth.
What Are The Different Types Of Dental Crowns Available?
The five most popular types of crowns that you can get today include:
- Porcelain crowns: A porcelain crown is hugely popular because it best mimics the appearance, colour, texture and feel of a natural tooth. As the name suggests, this crown is made from strong porcelain material and offers a comparatively long-life cycle with good oral hygiene.
- Resin crowns: Made from resinous materials, resin crowns are widely regarded as the one of the most cost effective available. However, porcelain-metal hybrids have made this crown less desirable.
- Ceramic crowns: A ceramic crown is made from ceramic material and has similar properties as porcelain crowns.
- Metal crowns: This type of crown can be made from precious metals like gold and silver. Metal crowns can also be made from titanium or stainless steel material. Metal crowns are expensive and can last for a very long time, but they are not recommended for every patient.
- Porcelain-metal hybrid crowns: This is a crown with metal inner core and a porcelain outer structure. Porcelain-metal hybrids are very popular today. However, they are more expensive than regular porcelain, ceramic or resin crowns.
WHY A DENTAL CROWN DENTIST NEAR ME IS NEEDED
You will need the services of dental crown dentist for the following reasons:
- Aesthetics: Your dental crown dentist will match up the color of your natural teeth, especially if you have a porcelain type crown installed. Having a crown fixed will improve the aesthetics of your dentition and boosting your confidence in the process.
- Capping an implant: If you have undergone a dental implant procedure, your dentist will cover the implant using a dental crown.
- Tooth protection: Dental crowns help to protect chipped, cracked, broken or otherwise damaged natural teeth from further damage caused by plaque and severe tooth decay.
- Root canal protection: For a tooth that has already been damaged by decay, you can prevent the decay from extending to the root canal by having a tooth crown fitted.
- Alignment: For those suffering from malocclusion, crowns can help to align their bite.
THE MAKEUP OF A TYPICAL DENTAL CROWN PROCEDURE NEAR ME
A typical dental crown procedure consists of the following:
- Preliminary consultation and examination: Here your dentist discusses the process with you, examines your teeth, and takes a mold for the permanent crown. The permanent crowns may not be ready for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Temporary crowns installed: Your mouth is cleaned and the site prepared for the fitting of temporary crowns until the permanent crowns are ready from the dental lab.
- Scheduled appointment for permanent crown fittings: You will be scheduled for the fitting of your permanent crown. Your dentist will use non-toxic cement to keep the crown sturdy and aligned in position.
You will be required to maintain good oral hygiene to keep your crowns looking clean at all times and to prolong their lifespan. Good oral care involves brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice daily to remove plaque and food debris.
HOW TO GET THE BEST DENTAL CROWN PRICES NEAR ME
The first thing you need to know is that the cost for a dental crown is not fixed. Dental crown replacement cost may vary depending on several factors including the nature of the dental problem, the complexity of the crown to tooth procedure, the type of dental crown requested and/or recommended by your dentist, and the location of the dental clinic. For example, full mouth dental crowns cost more than the dental crown cost for just a tooth. Also, the average cost of dental crown in one state in the U.S may differ from the dental crown average cost in other states. To get the best dental crown prices, you may need to compare the price offered by several dental clinics in your area.
FAQ’s About Dental Crown
What is the procedure associated with getting a tooth crown?
The procedure associated with getting a tooth crown is called a ‘Crown on tooth procedure’.
What is the composition of dental crowns?
Dental crowns are made from a number of materials including ceramic, metals, resins, and porcelain.
When do we know that we need crowns on our teeth?
You will know that you need crowns on your teeth if and when they are cracked, broken, severely worn down or decayed.
Can a crown last a lifetime?
Typically, crowns can last for between 15 and 20 years without offering any problems. But some patients are known to use crowns way beyond the 20 year mark.
DentaLand Dentistry For The Best Dental Crown Replacement Near Me
If you reside in Houston, Texas and you need the services of licensed Prosthodontists for permanent crowns replacement, you can visit DentaLand Dentistry today. Our courteous, professional dentists are on ground to review all cases and recommend the best type of crowns to help resolve a variety of dental issues including cracked, chipped, broken, misaligned or decayed teeth. We also offer the best dental crown prices in Houston, TX and you can get started now by giving us a Call to Schedule an appointment – (832) 674-8377 or Book Online for a consultation meeting with a dentist today.