Why settle for less when you can have so much more when it comes to your oral health? If you reside in Cypress Texas and you are raising a family, you will definitely need the services of a general dentist Cypress TX. A general or family dentist offers both preventive and restorative dental healthcare to patients of all ages and that includes your children. It is important for your kids to have a general checkup with your dentist at least twice a year. Your general dentist will perform a number of responsibilities, such as; cavity examination, regular cleaning, teeth whitening, the use of dental sealants and fillings, fluoride, gum disease and orthodontics treatment.
Some Of The Responsibilities Of The Best Dentist In Cypress TX
As mentioned already, there are quite a lot of services that the best dentist in Cypress TX can offer patients of all ages. But here are a few services worth pointing out:
- Teeth whitening: If you, your spouse and/or children suffer from stained teeth due to cigarette smoking, tobacco chewing or sweets. Your family dentist can help restore your pearly whites through a teeth whitening procedure that may include polishing or the use of bleaching agents.
- Preventive care: To prevent your child from having gingivitis and tooth decay, your family dentist will examine their teeth and where necessary, he or she will perform fluoride treatment or apply dental sealants to prevent and/or curb the early stages of tooth decay.
- Cavity examination and fillings: Tooth decay is a fairly common oral health issue in children. The reason for this is because most children have a sweet tooth and are more likely to consume sweets, candies and chewing gum that can cause tooth decay due to the sugar. Tooth decay leads to cavities and tooth sensitivity. However, this dental issue can be resolved by the best dentist in Cypress TX with the use of fillings after the cavities are carefully cleaned.
- Treatment of gum disease: If you or members of your family suffer from gum disease, then your family dentist will provide periodontal maintenance scaling, and even root planing to help treat the gum disease.
- Orthodontics: The best dentists Cypress TX provide orthodontics dentistry. Orthodontics is a specialized field in dentistry where your dentist will diagnose misaligned or mal-positioned jaws and/or teeth which can adversely affect your bite patterns as well as appearance. Orthodontics provides both preventive and corrective measures to manage and fully address the problem.
Getting Braces For Your Child From Your General Dentist Cypress Tx
Another service that you can expect from your general dentist is the fitting of braces, particularly for your kids. Braces Cypress TX involves your general dentist placing the braces either on the front or side of the teeth. The braces consist of porcelain or stainless steel brackets that are fixed on the center of a patient’s teeth with the use of non-toxic adhesive.
The brackets also have wires fixed in slots to give patients good mobility after the braces are fixed allowing patients to eat, chew, talk or sing without difficulty. Typically, the duration of use of braces will vary from one person to another. A person may wear braces for anywhere from one to about three years. A retainer may be recommended by your dentist once the braces are removed. This retainer will be worn at all times for six months then after this time, the retainer will be worn only when your child sleeps, but for quite a few years.
FAQ’s About Best Dentist In Cypress TX
How Can I Protect My Teeth From Damage?
You can protect your teeth from damage by observing proper daily oral hygiene and by visiting your dentist office Cypress TX twice a year.
Should I Update My Manual Toothbrush To An Electric One?
It all depends on you. While electric toothbrushes certainly have their advantages, you can still achieve good oral health with a traditional toothbrush if you brush at least twice daily.
I’m Pregnant. Is It Safe For Me To Go To The Dentist?
Yes. It is safe for you to go to your family dentist.
When Should My Child Receive His/Her First Dental Check-Up?
Your child should receive his or her first dental checkup within 12 months of age or 6 months after his or her first tooth emerges.
Dentaland Dentistry For The Best Cypress Dentist Near Me
Having a general or family dentist you can rely on is important to your dental care and that of your family members. Your family or general dentist will offer you a myriad of oral care and dentistry services including fluoride treatment, gum disease treatment, orthodontics, cavity examination and fillings, teeth whitening, and a number of preventive oral care.