Dental Implants In Houston, TX
Is your smile suffering due to the loss of teeth? Whether you have lost one or more teeth due to aging or suffered from a traumatic oral injury, missing teeth can cause distress because of their impact on your oral health and smile. Our dentists at DentaLand Dentistry understand these concerns, and therefore we offer fixed dental implants in Houston, TX, to restore your confident smile! With our premium quality dental implants, you will be able to enjoy all your favorite foods without worry. To learn more details, call us today (832) 674-8377 to schedule a consultation.
Request An Appointment
What Are Dental Implants and How Are They Better?
Dental implants in Houston, TX, are prosthetic replacements for missing teeth. They are made of a biocompatible material that integrates with your surrounding bone structure to provide a solid base. Typically, a conventional dental implant has three major components:
- An implant post that replaces the root portion of a tooth. It has a screw-like structure and is inserted into the jawbone via implant surgery.
- An abutment is a small metal piece that acts as connecting link between the implant post and the dental prosthesis.
- A dental prosthesis goes on top of a dental implant which resembles the visible portion of a tooth. It can be a crown bridge or a denture.
After losing a natural tooth, the bone surrounding that area begins to resorb. Even if you get traditional dentures, the jawbone continues to lose its density. Dental implants in Houston, TX, preserve your jawbone by fusing with it like natural teeth. Additionally, implants are much more durable and long-lasting because they are held securely in place within your bone. Thus dental implants offer a convenient solution for replacing missing teeth and restoring oral functions.
Questions About Dental Implants ?
What Are The Benefits of Dental Implants?
The advent of dental implants has revolutionized the field of dentistry. Due to their life-like design and resemblance to natural teeth, they are a popular tooth replacement choice among many patients. Our high-quality dental implants in Houston, TX, offer many benefits, including:
- Dental implants fill in the gap left by missing teeth.
- They provide long-term restoration of oral functions and provide ease of eating.
- Dental implants offer a replica of natural teeth and restore flawless smile aesthetics.
- They preserve the natural bone structure and support facial muscles to prevent sagging.
- Compared to conventional dentures, dental implants have excellent retention and stability.
What to Expect from the Process of Dental Implants in Houston, TX?
The placement of conventional dental implants may take a few appointments that span over 3 to 6 months. After the initial consultation, oral exam, and dental radiographs, we will schedule the implant surgery. The surgery occurs under local anesthesia, where we insert the implant posts in your jawbone.
After proper healing and recovery, we will place the abutments over the implant posts and connect them with the desired dental prosthesis (crown, bridge, or denture). Our team will also schedule follow-up appointments to monitor the progress and functioning of dental implants in your mouth.
Recreating Confident Smiles with Dental Implants
If you are suffering from loss of teeth, don’t wait anymore. Our dentists can help you regain your confidence with dental implants in Houston, TX. Visit our dental practice or book a consultation today!